We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Great Escape

So up until today our backyard has been very similar in looks to a prison compound. It was dust and rocky and just not very good. Trevor and I decided that we wanted to lay sod out there to improve the house. In our preperations we started to rake the dust and rock, trying to level and smooth it out. In the end I think it ended up dustier and rockier. We planted a garden and some other plants for our own enjoyment along the way. Well Carma (our dog) left everything alone for a couple of days, but that was to good to last, sge dug it all up. While cursing her name we replanted, and to prvent this we put up chickenwire fences around everything. Well the dog was not going to be beaten, she managed to sneak through the fence and dig it all up again. Well we replanted promising that we would kill her if it happened again. We put a stake in the dirt and tied a rope to it and she lived on that rope for a number of days. Everyday however there would be another hole dug in the dirt where she was trying to "escape" her bonds. Well a couple of days before we got the sod I went out there and raked out the dirt and filled in the holes, the dog was not allowed in the backyard at all at this point. However Elizabeth was outside with me. Well she must have taken a page out of the dogs book, or maybe they were in cahoots together, but she decided that she was going to escape as well. I turned around however to catch her in the act. What am I going to do with these two?