We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Friday, September 5, 2008

Oh what a week

Stories stories. Maybe I will just start with today. Elizabeth is a big girl now, she can pour her own juice.... or so she thinks. She dumped an ENTIRE pitcher of water onto the floor,it was a nice lake. Sam pulled himself up onto his knees, but I think it was a fluke.

Here is the big one though. Lizzy and Sam were down for their naps. I was watching some TV. Lizzy wakes up SCREAMING. I go booking it upstairs to get her. I walk in the door and she cries out "hurt hurt " So I was a little confused. How would she be hurt she was still in bed. As I get closer I look, THERE WAS A WASP ON HER NECK!!! So she is crying, I am freaking out (I HATE BUGS). I don't know how to get it off of her, and she doesn't want me to go near her neck. So I am trying to brush it away but am scared to get bit myself. Finally I grab her blankie (bad move) and brush it away, grab her a RUN!! So we are down stairs, Sam is awake by then upstair crying, which panicks me even more. What do you do for a wasp sting??? and GUESS WHAT. The stinger was still in her neck. AHHHHH. So I am calling everyone I know trying to get help. I need someone to hold her, someone to get Sam, someone to tell me how to help lizzy stop hurting, some one to kill that vile bug. Luckily my cousin Rachel was on her way over, so she was almost there, I also called a neighbor Alana. She rushed over with her two kids and a bug swatter. Rach and Alana and Des watched the kids, Dom and I headed upstairs to kill the wasp.. you should have seen it. I am pulling the blankets back hoping it won't get me and he was standing there ready with the swatter to get it. We found it dead and rescued the blankie. Yeh bad news. I have no idea how it got in there, and she was asleep for 1.5 hours before this happened. so I DON'T KNOW. AHHH. Anyways. So one of the things I was worried about was if she would be allergic. My kids have weird allergies. Lizzy is allergic to McDonalds sweet and sour sauce, and Sam is allergic to either Applesauce (homeade so there is no weird stuff in it) or Rice Cereal, luckily she didn't have a reaction.

Anyways. on a side note and much better news, Trevors dad is doing MUCH better, he was pretty sick for awhile but is getting back to normal (whew) Matthew gets home in 7 DAYS HOORAY!! Right now Calgary is winning the game against Edmonton, cross our fingers it stays that way, (even though I did bet my dad a slurpee that edmonton would win, they had just scored a defensive touchdown come on)

Rachel took some cute pics of my kids today I should get them from her, maybe I will have her take family pics for me, if she wouldn't mind, or maybe I should get off my lazy butt and do them myself as I normally do.

Canada Revenue was mucking up with my tax return (yeh my second adjustment) and it keeps affecting things like my EI benefits and my Child Tax benefits and then they send me letters saying they want money back and I have to call them and figure it all out, then decide that I am actually fine and change there minds, so I am a little annoyed. I mean the adjustment was in my favor, but I will give them the little bit of money for them not to mess everything up like they have been.

Oh just so you know. Best Buy has blue ray players on sale for $260.00 right now, so if anyone is in the market head on in, my parents picked one up. The guy at the Sony store was trying to convince me that $400.00 was a good deal and that they wouldn't be any cheaper soooo..... now you have the actual good price and that the sony guys lie.

************************************************************
So I am open to new reading suggestions, I have finished the Host and it was great. I am planning on reading Eldest and maybe the Alchemist (depending on how Alaina likes it) After that I am all out of my list and could use some more suggestions. I am up for anything. I have gotten back into reading again and don't really want to stop because I think it is a good pastime so come on ladies let me know what is out there.

************************************************************

So that is all for me, thanks for reading my ramblings.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow. Crazy wasp. I hope they all die! We have been having issues with Revenue Canada as well so I feel you on that one. Good luck with figuring all that out. Good luck to us as well...
As for reading, I just finished a book called "Master". It's a fictional story based on the Savior's life. SO GOOD.

Natalie said...

Oh my goodness, I hate bugs too! I thing I probably would have reacted the same way to a wasp, screaming and running around frantically.

I read the Alchemist a couple years ago and loved it. You definitely need to read it, (the first 1/4 of the book is a little slow, but keep reading :).