We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Naming problems.

So as I previously announced we were planning on naming the baby Abigail Rae Smith. Rae is my mother in laws middle name. I have always liked the sound of it. I liked it with Jessica and Allison (both of which were vetoed by Trevor). The sad part is we discovered we can't use it.

If we name her Abigail Rae then her initials would be ARS or as my mother and brothers pointed out it would be pronounced "arse" like a rear end. Trevor tried to convince me that no one would notice the mistake. I pointed out that my family did, his family would and for the rest of her life she would have to deal with her uncles teasing her about it. I always thought I was so careful about stuff like that. Initials, rhyming etc., children are harsh and I don't really want to give them ammo against my kids. So the middle name is up for debates, we are still keeping Abigail. I want a family name. Both of our other kids have them ( Elizabeth Blake for my Grandpa, Samuel Don for Trevors Dad) However my family is kind of known for a streak of less desirable names and Trevors family is kind of over run with them, as everyone uses them all the time.

I think we are somewhat settled on Morgan. It is the name of the town that Trevors family hails from. Not really a family name but a family place. His grandparents live there and several of his aunts and cousins live there, I think his parents might retire there and it is where the family gets together for reunions. I also have a cousin named Morgan. She is much younger than I am (honestly I don't know how old she is now I think she is always 2 but I am sure she is older than that now.)

But this is all still up for debates, I guess at least having the first name is a good start.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Totally see where your coming from! Holly Antoinette Muirhead equals HAM as initials. But alas, I'm too in love with the name. Conor doesn't think it matters one bit. I guess we'll find out. I'm thinking of doing Holly-Antoinette as her full first name and no middle name. I think hyphenating makes a difference? Maybe you could do Abigail-Rae and then her initials are AS? The name game, I never knew it would be so tricky!

Ashley said...

That's really sad about the initial thing. At least you discovered it early! Good luck with finding a middle name that works! In my opinion, Morgan is a really cute name!

Becka. said...

My votes are as follows:

Nona
Irma
Esmerelda (Essie)
Norah
Lorraine
Betty
Hoy

LOL. This is fun.

Chelsea said...

i think it's fine! how many people honestly are going around reading someone's initials? i taught jr. high where kids are at their prime for teasing each other and i never heard anyone do that unless it spelled something more obvious. And "arse" is only used by mormons everyone else just says ass! but if it's something that will haunt you for years to come then by all means pick a new name!