The panic all started when We were making plans and buying tickets for the grandstand show at stampede with friends. (side note I haven't really kept track of how far along I am, the nurse at the dr. office thinks I am nuts. )
I flip it to July (Next week) and there the first week in July is the 30 I wrote on the calender to let me know when I was 30 weeks.
30 WEEKS, so soon, there must be a mistake.
With my first 2 kids I was just like get this kid OUT. With this one though I have been on diclectin the whole time (better living through chemistry) so it has really been my easiest pregnancy (finally stopped taking it before I went to Washington). Also because I am so use to being pregnant or nursing (literally non-stop since late 2005), and sitting on the couch with a cup of icewater and a bottle of tums is second nature, I have kind of been avoiding the actual fact that I am expecting.
Finally in this house I feel like I am on top of things. I can keep my kitchen clean, floors mopped, and laundry to a minimum. I can bake and cook and play with my kids. I feel relaxed about life. But there it was/is staring me in the face 30 weeks.
In a short 11 weeks ( or actually 10 weeks due to c-section) I will have another baby. All of my being on top of things and ability to manage my household will be gone. Back to sleep deprivation, piles of laundry from baby spit up and baby poop. Baking?? what baking??
HOW DO YOU MANAGE WITH 3?!?!
I am not stressed because I have to much to get done and do in the short time, but because I don't think I have enough time left with just 2 kids. I am quite simply not ready for 3.
How do you keep control of 3 kids when you only have 2 hands, how do you hold 3 babies when you only have 2 knees. My body doesn't seem to have enough limbs to provide for all 3.
Speaking of 3, Lizzy turns 3 next tuesday. She is growing up but still so young, I am worried that she will get lost with a very demanding younger brother and a brand new baby.
I don't know if I would be less stressed if my kids were spaced farther apart or not, all I know is I am scared to death and not even close to ready.
7 comments:
Thanks for being so open about how you feel - I think alot of people try to hide such feelings. Seeing as I am on number one, I was wondering how in the world you handle having two - so I have absolutely no advice on taking care of three, but when you find out all the secrets you'll have to let the rest of us know!
Hey you! Not like I have any experience, but just think of it this way - the more kids you have, the more chances you have of them entertaining each other! Hehehehe
I think you will do great! It is just like anything...You don't think you can handle it until it happens and everything always turns out fine. Good luck with the last 10 weeks (I found those ones the worst).
I agree with Chelsea, it's nice to have a little openness. When you add Trevor in you have enough limbs for 4 children. I still can't imagine 3. I don't know how I'll keep up with this one and be pregnant with number 2. I'm glad we're not there just yet!!!
You can do it. You might feel like a wreck for a few months but you can do it. You'll find your routine and make it work. I'm confident that this is something you CAN do!
We need to talk...
Seriously!
3 kids 3 and under...feeling overwhelmed.....getting ready for it...it's all overwhelming. Let's hang out sometime and we can all be crazy together - haha.
I'm a little panicked for you too - but you can do it (like all the other comments have already said!). Did you plan to have 3 so close? The only thing I'm scared of now is having a terrible pregnancy like the first...
You're right it will be a challenge I'm sure but you will do amazing!! :) Your kids are stinkin' cute and you're a rock star
Post a Comment