My kids have been obsessed with tape lately. The find pens, calculators, toys etc and tape it to a paper and give it to you as presents. Lizzy has also been obsessed with the snow. She has been outside to play As much as she can. It is kid of funny... like watching a puppy. She rolls in it and jumps in it and buries herself in it. She is true Canadian, probably even more so than me. I welcome the winter and accept it for what it brings. I mean I did move her from Tucson.
Anyways. Lizzy was asking about making a snowman today when she got inside. Telling Trevor and I all about it. We told her she would have to wait until it got warmer because the snow is to cold to stick together. In true problem solving fashion she then said "Mom but we can use tape!" I wish, can you even imagine that though. A snow man all held together by tape.
It made me wonder if I was raising a red neck. Luckily she hasn't found the duct tape...yet.
Our other big thing is Chicken Pox.
Before anyone asks. Yes my kids are all vaccinated. They are all up to date on their vaccines, they have gotten all of them.
Some how Sam caught the chicken pox anyways. If any one has been around us and their kids have caught them to I am sorry. Consider that a formal apology. Monday I was getting Sam dressed (Sorry to all the nursery people he didn't have the rash the day before or I promise I wouldn't have sent him) and found a rash all over his stomach. Thinking it was a reaction to the penicillin he was on for his ears I called the Dr. (well I would have called the doctors anyways even if I didn't think I knew what it was). We got there and the Doctor diagnosed it as chicken pox.
She said sometimes even after the vaccine kids can get it. It is like people who get it twice.
Anyways I stopped taking him with me anywhere. Thank you to my mom and my brother Ethan who stayed with him. The good news. It was only a small rash just on his stomach and it is all scabbed over and healing now. He also didn't have any other side affect ( fever, itching, grouchy).
Since there I have heard of 4 or 5 other families whose kids have chicken pox even though they are vaccinated. Apparently it is going around. The thing is though that I don't know any of these other families... so who gave it to us??
2 comments:
Ooh! I want my kids to get the chicken pox! Where do I send them? I'm not up to date on vaccines, just because I'm lazy! But I would rather them get the chicken pox than the vaccine. Call me crazy but it's true.
Oh, and the snowman tape thing... very funny. The visual I got was anyway..
That is such a darling story. Lizzy is super cute. How innovative. I would rather get the pox as a kid so it's probably not a bad thing. Poor little guy.
Post a Comment