On Friday night Trevor and I went to stampede with friends of ours Ryan and Angie Locking. It was a grown ups night. It was the longest I had been away from Samuel. Even when I was in the hospital people brought him up every 4 hours, and this was for about 7. It was so much fun to have some grown up time with out bags, bottles, stroller, and kids. We left Lizzy and Sam with Trevors cousin Jane. We enjoyed the Games and Rides with our freedom.


The next morning we packed up the troops and headed back. What great stampede day can start without a stampede breakfast.

We had decided that we wanted to go to the rodeo and had bought tickets. It was my first time to go to the rodeo and I thought it was awesome.


Lizzy was so funny. When ever something suprised her she would cover her mouth. Then they had the fire going off like they do at hockey games so she covered her face. It was so cute to watch as she would gasp and cover her mouth in suprise.

We headed out and looked at everything. We saw the bmx guys and the superdogs, the animals and the trade show, we checked out the Nintendo displays, fashion shows and one man bands.
As much as Lizzy loves animals she usually won't actually touch them, she decided that the baby chicks were safe, you know they aren't going to jump up and bite her.

We stopped to listen to Derek Ruttan (a recent favorite). I was excited to hear my favorite song, "First Time in a Long Time". Lizzy liked the time to run around and play.

Sam was so good also, he was just happy to be held all day, It was nice to have extra arms and hands to take care of the kids.
6 comments:
How fun is that! Lucky!
How cute are your children... I already left some comments on your facebook and I now understand the face. Thank you! but seriously! cute kids! and I am sure it was so fun to have adult time!
who knew that canadians had rodeos? Ok, just kidding, Ashley I remember you always reminiscing about stampede when we lived together. It's amazing that five years later you are taking your two adoarble babies and your wonderful husband to this fun event.
That sounds like so much fun! I just cannot get over how adorable your family is!
I envy your stampede fun!!! I know this is a bit random but its funny to see ryan grown I have not seen him since I moved away...
we want to come to stampede next year! and we want to see you guys and your kids! are you coming to the states soon?
Post a Comment