We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tricky

So Lizzy is in the stage where she can do EVERYTHING by herself. The funniest is when it comes to meals. I cook it up, but can't serve it to her. Can't even really offer it to her. I have to leave it on the table, or on the carpet by her chair and she has to find it. So if she finds her own food it is okay, If I give her the food it is a tragedy. Man alive.

The other trick, for me, is showering. My kids can't seem to sleep at the same time, and when the do I have 100000 other things to do (as every mom knows) So the trick is to shower with both kids awake. We will start with Sam, lol, Sam has to lay on the bathroom floor, Something about the green fuzzy rug makes it okay to be left down, crib or anywhere else is NOT okay. So Sam lays on the floor. Now for Elizabeth. I don't want to lock her out of the bathroom, mayhem would occur. I don't want to lock her in the bathroom, she would abuse Sam, so the door is left open so that she can come and go as she pleases. She routinely has to "check" on me. The curtain is thrown aside as she peers in at me. Then she notices the toilet. In our attempt to become toilet trained she has learned how to flush the toilet ...won't sit on it or touch it though. So the big trick is to shower quick enough while dodging back and forward trying not to freeze as she opens the curtain up and not to be scalded as she flushes the toilet every 10 seconds while keeping the soap out of my eyes and and eye on Sam. Lol. It is kind of funny and a challenge.

Well as my Camera is still dead (weep) I have to convince Angie to bring her camera here so I can get Stampede pictures off of it.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Love the mom song. So funny!

I'm looking forward to having 2 children. I'm having a hard enough time getting stuff done with only one! Your showering routine is too funny :)

Ashley Dawn said...

What a wonderful description. Now multiply that by 2 and we'll talk!! I actually have just gotten to the point where if I didn't get up before the kids, it's just a no shower day. Reluctantly, I'll admit that there are weeks where I'm lucky to get 2 showers in (sigh). Anyway, it was a fun read.