So I found an old CD and it brought back SO MANY MEMORIES. Here are the lyrics from my favorite song on the CD.
So I'm not your little rich kid
Well I'm not some muscle bound jock
But I do know this much
I can love you with so much more than them
When you ask why you should be with me
Here's my answer, here's my answer
I can treat you like a Queen
No ones better, gonna treat you better than Me.
Well I might not be a super genius
Well I'm not the coolest kid on the block
All I do is sit and play guitar
And even then I know I really suck but
Ask me why you should be with me
Here's my answer, here's my answer
I can treat you like a Queen
Nobodys better, can treat you better, or please you better than me.
When you ask why you should be with me,
Here's my answer, here's my answer
I can treat you like a Queen
Nobodys better, can treat you better, please you better
So please pick me
Jonny Miller
(our family home evening brother)
How many nights did we sit outside the boys building and listen to Jonny, Sam and the other guys play. Singing along. We use to beg him to play it. The only thing I wish I had from all that is a recording of Sam Dahl singing the freshman song.
I think that is our theme song from that year.
We were only freshman!!
3 comments:
Oh my gosh that was so fun! We really did spend so much time listening to him play - it was amazing how many super-freaky talented people we had in our ward! (Including you - your rendition of Big Spender is still my fav!) Those were some fun times!
I think I shed a tear everytime I hear the freshman song. Seriously, I'd do anyting to have S. D. show up on my porch and serenade me from all of our songs of the past. We had so many good times listening to those boys and not to mention our Jack Johnson chill parties.
So- I wasn't even your roomie or anything and I STILL knew the words to that entire song! It brings back all the memories of me visiting BYU when I was a senior in high school!
Post a Comment