I am having a difference of opinion with my doctor.
Let me start at the beginning, When I was pregnant with Sam there was confusion about my due date. I was originally told that it was going to be in January, then with my ultasound it was pushed back a whole month. UGH so that pregnancy took FOREVER.
Shoot back to today. I believe that I am about 4-6 week pregnant which would put me on a mid September due date. The doctor, going off of missed cycles, thinks that I am 12 weeks along. The only problem is that during those extra 6 week I went to the doctors and had pregnancy tests (including blood work) done to see if I was prego and they came back negative. but if I am 12 weeks that puts me at an early August due date.
I also haven't been sick for long enough to be that far along.
I really don't want to believe him that I am 12 weeks just to end up getting those extra 6 put back on and making it take that much longer.
The problem is that he won't send me for an ultra sound until he thinks that I am 18 weeks along, so I have to wait a month and a half just to find out how far along I really am, ughhhhhhh. So I guess we will see in March.
I really do think I am right though.
3 comments:
You're probably right. The one who is pregnant generally is. And I'm with you; I'd rather think that I was not as far along than think that I am farther along only to find out that I'm not. That would make for a long pregnancy. If you find out that you are farther along, than bonus! Too bad he won't just let you get a dang ultrasound right away. You should kick him in the teeth. Just Kidding!
I have found that though most doctors mean well they don't know squat about dates. Trust yourself. If you think that's how far along you are, then I'd just have that in your head for the end game.
I am with you girls. you know yourself. If he ends up being right then just think your pregnancy is 6 weeks shorter!
Post a Comment