We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Crisis Averted

Trevor met with the general on the house today and with the real estate agent. They are going to rearrange the cabinets so that the stove is closer to the wall, adding the extra space in between the drawer and the stove. They are going to have to redo the counter tops back splash and some painting. They are confident it will be finished by Thursday (whew). So we are still taking possession on Wednesday and moving this week.. They are also going to give us $1000.00 back (furniture fund). They have graded the front yard but haven't put the driveway in yet, it will be done later this month. The ground outside our house has dropped more than I thought possible.

Here is a question. When you move in the states, which we did 8 times, you go into the post office fill out the form drop it off at the desk and your mail is magically forwarded for you. Here they want to charge me $40. I really don't want to pay them to change my address when I have moved so many times without having to pay a dime. Do I really need to do it? I am thinking that I do, I don't think I would inform all the different government groups. I guess it is only $40 but it is the principle of the matter.

3 comments:

carly said...

I am so glad for you that they are able to fix it! How annoying that it happened though!

Alauna said...

I am excited for you guys!!! We are trying to find a house and it is harder than you would think...Good luck with the move and hope to see some posted pics of the new pad.

Unknown said...

Yay! Crisis solved! I can't wait to see pictures of the house. We are looking too, and can't decide if we want an older house for the bigger yard or a new, clean one. SO TRICKY!