We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Rant

City of Calgary is a joke. They have COMPLETELY shut down all access to my street. They are tearing up the road so that it now looks like a giant checker board. I have construction vehicles parked not only in front of my driveway and my car blocking all access to that, but a giant crane. They gave us no notice about blocking us in. It is shear luck that Trevor is out with Elizabeth right now, or I would have no way to leave my house. Their solution for me, park in the lane, pray I don't get ticketed and towed, and haul my children through the mud bog back there to get into my house. Lovely. Wish I owned some gum boots.

One of the things I always think is fun to document is how they promise they will be done asap, and yet they all work so hard.

Picture 1

5 employees - 1 shoveling
- 1 driving the orange thing (technical term eh)
- 3 watching



Picture 2

7 employees - 1 driving the semi truck
- 1 driving the digger
- 1 sweeping the same patch of road for the past 10 minutes
- 4 watching.


Now I don't know if the guy sweeping and the guy sitting in the semi truck really count as "working" so I will split it. Sweeper is working, truck driver not working.

total men on site - 12
total men working - 4
total men not working - 8

nice

--------------------------------------------------



LOL 10 minutes later I have a picture update

Just in case you were worried about them straining themselves standing there, don't worry they found a seat.


and if those 4 didn't have it down, there are these two, they found a nice shady spot. I hope the people who live in that house don't mind them taking a break there.


I'm glad the city found such steller contractors to spend tax money on.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

WOW! I would seriously KILL! So frustrating. I don't even live there and I feel angry. I can't even imagine how you feel! Are you getting a little more excited to get out of there? Have I ever mentioned how much I love small town living?

Natalie said...

What a nightmare!! But I absolutely love your documentation of the incident. You need to send these pictures to the local newspaper or news station.

Anonymous said...

HAHA Ashley only you would document it like this and I love you for it. I found this hilarious and also infuriating for you... hang in there

Ashley Dawn said...

Haha, Maybe City of Calgary should hire little spies to take pictures from their houses to document "actual work hours" vs "claimed work hours". That might pick up the slack a little bit.