We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

laugh to not cry

My Mom called me up yesterday morning.
"Hey want to go to Drumheller with me?"
"Sure that sounds great!"
My Grandparents live there and I hadn't been down for awhile. So I rush to get dressed and get the kids dressed and ready to go.

No problem, dressed fed and out the door.

Apparently Carsickness is a genetic disorder. my Dad had it, my brothers and I all have it and apparently my kids have it. Lets just say it wasn't pretty.
We had Lizzy and Sam packed in the --way far backend of the Envoy--, lots of treats to tide them over for the hour and a half trip there.

All of a sudden
(enter barfing noises here). AHHHHH, pull over the car. Strip Lizzy down to her underwear cover her with a blanket and keep going. We will wash the clothes at Grandmas house. She seems fine again bouncy and bubbly, excited to see "gate gamma in dumheller"( this is why we were sure it was carsickness, she is quite lethargic when she is sick). Head down the road some more.

(enter barfing noises here and then double it) Oh no now Elizabeth is puking again and SAM TOO. AHHHHHH, pull over again. clean Lizzy off and the car again, wrap her in my hoodie. Strip Sam down and clean him off, wrap him in his winter jacket which was luckily not on him before. Decide that the --way far backend of the Envoy-- is a bad place ( My Mom and Ethan and I all get sick back there). Cram all 3 car seats into the middle bench. and continue to Drum.

Of course then they were STARVING because they had nothing in their stomach since dinner last night. So they want to eat EVERYTHING. eat to fast on empty carsick stomach. (barfing noises)

The rest of the day consisted of playing, bathing, doing laundry, car cleaning and de-fuming popsicles and peppermints and a teaspoon of gravol to go home with. Lets just say by the time we got home at suppertime they were STARVING again. So we had supper and bedtime which brings us to today, all happy healthy and non barfing.

6 comments:

carly said...

That sucks! Poor kiddos.

Donna said...

Lets just say it was an eventful trip...one we won't forget soon!

Ashley said...

That sure does sound like an eventful trip! SICK! I hope the ride home was a little better?

Anonymous said...

Ohhh hun I feel so bad for you and your Mom. But I'm glad you made it and the trip is over! :)

Amy said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I can only imagine! How horrible!

Chelsea said...

Sounds rough, not looking forward to our first road trip this summer, I'll cross my fingers it doesn't end like this!