We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

My cheapness..

..is sucking all the fun out. I LOVE having my family pictures done, and we have had them done every year since we have been married. And I plan on getting them done every year.

The first ones were our engagement and wedding. which my parent paid for the photographer of my choice.


The next two years I did them myself. I would continue to do this, but with 3 kids?!?! ugh doesn't sound like fun.


The next year my cousin Rachel did them for me

Last year do to pregnancy and snow My cousin Natalie did them for me


This year I am at a crossroads.
Do I
a-fork out the money for a really good photographer which can basically promise me the pictures I want.
b-Bribe my cousins to do them for me again ARE YOU READING THIS? lol
c- attempt to do them myself again.
The cheapness in me is saying the myself or bribery route. But my love of these photos are telling me to just pay the money and have a good experience with it. I have loved Devon's pictures for a really long time. But she lives down in Lethbrige and is about the same price as Kim. A new favorite. I had been secretly looking at her photos on her personal profile on facebook and got a chance to meet her at a birthday party.
What would you do?

5 comments:

Megan said...

I am cheap, too...We've never had REAL family pictures since our wedding pictures, but I really, really want to now that Gavin is 1. I don't have the skills you have to do it myself (maybe you should come visit me and take our family pictures) but, I think I"m going to fork out the cash to get ours done...so just to clarify, I am no help to you at all.
P.S. you are such a beautiful mama!
P.P.S. I lost your phone number. Email it to me...I haven't talked to you in forever!

John, Jess, Ellie, Cade, Eden & Scarlett said...

I would fork out that cash--I think it's totally worth it! :) Of course, I might be a little biased, but there are my two cents. If you're ever in Cleveland area I'd love to do them!

Ashley Smith said...

I wish Jess!!! I have been hoping that we would be in Utah at the same time for ages!

Marni & James said...

My dad just started his photography business if you are interested in that. If you are, I can give you his info.

Anonymous said...

Well if you are going to do them every year having cousins who take pictures is not a bad idea - especially since they take good ones. But I do think that every once in a while you should invest. I think you're due for a photographer you love. Alternate the years maybe haha