Okay I am taking a poll on a new theory of mine.
Here is the back story
Last year Sam had a "head cold" for 6 months. We took him into the Doctors they couldn't do anything. Until We found out he had a double ear infection and his eardrums actually weren't even moving. I attribute all of his speech problems to this period of deaf-ness.
This year Sam has had a "head cold" since October. I have taken him into the Doctors at least once a month since then, including this last Monday. Nothing. The Doctor gave me the you are an crazy woman spiel and look. Telling me that there is nothing they can do and that I should calm down.
I don't think it is normal for a child to be sick for half the year at a time.
So here is my theory. I think Sam has allergies. I had always decided it couldn't be because he is sick in the winter. However, we live in Calgary where the snow melts every other week exposing us to all the mold in the grass.
Sam got really sick last weekend at my in laws house. My brother in law and his wife brought their cat with them. I am so allergic to cats and had to take drugs (I am still extremely plugged up). I put Sam on benadryl and it seemed to help a bit.
Am I grasping for an explanation or is it believable? I am scared to take him into the Doctor yet again and get "the look". I am just not content with the idea that my little boy would catch cold after cold All.Winter.Long.
Anyways what do you think?
5 comments:
It sounds like it could be allergies to me! May as well try to treat it like such, and see if he improves at all.
Go to a different doctor :)
It very well could be allergies especially considering you have allergies (they are supposedly genetic).
Poor Sam. It's just not right that a little boy be sick most of the time.
i would totally think allergies, but i have also known kids that were sick like that until they had tubes put in their ears, get referred to a ear nose and throat, or get an allergy test!
Could also be cough variant asthma. I am sick 50% of the time and last year, after 26 years of constantly having throat and ear problems I found out I have this! Not that it helps as there is nothing out there to cure this and it just means that I have a form of asthma that only affects you by making you sick...yea! I would just keep taking him in and hopefully a smart doctor will try some tests out to help out the poor little guy!
I have no idea but that's so sad! I'll pray for him :) Love you girl...
Post a Comment