We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

St Patricks Day

Last night we set our trap to catch a Leprechaun.  We baited it with Rainbow cookies.

We told the kids that if we didn't catch him he would turn all our food green with his magic.

Needless to say he escaped...drat that Leprechaun.

So we had green pancakes and green apple juice and green water (because green apple juice is gross Mom).

Little did I know how upsetting this would be though. 

We experienced anger with Elizabeth yelling out at the Leprechaun to come turn everything back.  We had tears when she became afraid that the whole house would turn green including her "pink blankie".

Lets just say it got bad enough that Dad called the "Shamrock Police."  They promised him that they caught the naughty Leprechaun and that only our breakfast would be green.

That made everything better until the kids realized that not only did that naughty Leprechaun take our cookies "HE STOLE THE PLATE TOO!!"  Oh no.  Maybe he is just a nice Leprechaun and he put it in the dishwasher before she went to bed. 

Happy St Patricks Day everyone! 

8 comments:

Donna said...

hilarious!

carly said...

Hahha thats awesome. Poor little girl.

Anonymous said...

When you called and told me this story I died. I LOVE it!! They are too adorable.

Anonymous said...

When you called and told me this story I died. I LOVE it!! They are too adorable.

Ashley said...

Haha! That is too funny. Poor Elizabeth. Who'd have thought that a leprechaun and the colour green would be so traumatizing!

Megan and Jared said...

So funny! Haha little kids make life so much more interesting :)

Amy said...

Best St Patrick's Day Story ever!

Chelsea said...

wow amy and I must be friends because I came on here to write THE EXACT COMMENT! Looks like she beat me to the punch! Too funny!