We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sesame Lime Chicken and Sweet Noodles

The on going dinner saga, the past few nights were easy, spaghetti, pizza (I gave in we took it to my parents house), But tonight was rather Spectacular if I don't say so myself.

First I did a Sesame Lime chicken. I will be completely honest it sounds hard but was soooo easy.

I got this little wonder from Costco. It was a Craig Family favorite over the summer, great on barbecued chicken, pork, and veggies, basically everything. So tonight I didn't get started on dinner until 5:30. Frozen chicken came out and was defrosted in the microwave for 10 minutes then I poured this over it and let it sit for 30 - 45 minutes, then I poured the whole bowl full of chicken into my pan with the marinate and cooked it. I cut little holes so that it would soak in really well. mmmmmmmm.

I also tried something else new, it was a sweet noodle dish. Here is the link to where I found it.

I halved it though because it serves 8. I also only put in half the oil and used vegetable oil, I didn't but in the onions, added extra sugar, and I used normal white vinegar. It was really good. oh and Trev put some sugar in the water that we cooked the noodles in.

It was all really good, definitely a family favorite now.

Lizzy is so funny here is why

She wears them ALL THE TIME they have stress marks where she has bent them.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Supper sounds delicious. Costco you say? I'm there!
Those pictures of Lizzy are so funny!
Good luck with the potty training dilemma!

Natalie said...

Yummy! I love citrus marinades...they are my favorite. And I love Lizzy's glasses...so funny.

Donna said...

Yay Lizzie! You make me laugh, and brighten an otherwise gray day. Love you!!! XOXO

Amy said...

I am definitely going to try out those noodles. They look great. PS. I definitely had a dream about you the other night. You were knocking at my window wanting me to come to tim hortons. I actually opened my window before I realized it was just a dream. Ah, the good old days :)

Megan said...

LOVE the glasses. Too funny. Glad your supper turned out!
p.s. thanks for the list idea. I already do make lists, but not for everything...i'll get right on that.