We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Friday, January 23, 2009

no comment

I have spent the morning cleaning my house, mopping, washing, vacuuming, dusting. I am going to enrichment tonight and so Trevor is having some of the men folk over to play cards. I LITERALLY had just finished and decided that i would check facebook and my blog before I went upstairs to clean the bathroom. I sit down, turn on the monitor and load the Internet.

"Hmm where did Lizzy and Sam go."
" They are awfully quiet"
"WHAT IS THAT CRINKLING SOUND?"

I run to the back pantry, one of the two places I couldn't see from where i was sitting on the whole main floor. There they are with dumping the last bit of my brand new box of my favorite cereal (multi grain cheerios) onto the floor.

"no, no, no, no, NO!"

They look up at me with such an innocent look, like look what we found Momma, aren't they fun. I banished both of them and cleaned it up.

And I wonder why my house is never clean.

Lets add on top of that, that since I have written this post they have dumped the entire tub of changing stuff all over my living room.

tear.

1 comment:

Ashley Dawn said...

I have frequently quoted in my mind what I have heard my mother say to me over 1000 times. "Do you think I'm your maid" and "As soon as I'm done cleaning up a room, you just turn around and it's a complete disaster". I've decided it's part of life.....but it still makes me cry every time.