Sam doesn't talk. He is almost 19 months and nothing. Don't get me wrong, he babbles and makes tons of noises, especially his bowser laugh, He understands what you say to him and will go get things you ask him for. He will grab you hand and take you wherever he wants to show you what he needs. He communicates, just doesn't verbalise.
I have been concerned about it. There is no "mama" no "dada" none of those first words that so many children younger than him are saying. Trevor says it is probably because Elizabeth talks enough for the both of them.
I booked him an appointment with our family doctor last week when I was there with Abigail. And in the natural fashion, when you decide to do something about it of course the problem starts to sort itself out. He has said his first words.
What would you expect as a first word though. mama, dada, nana, no etc. Easy to say, easy to form. Sam however busted out "stuck" honestly. He says it all the time. his blanket is "stuck" in his crib. The chair is "stuck" under the table. He is "stuck" behind the rocker. His toy is "stuck" in the box. Honestly how do you come up with stuck as a first word, those are fairly difficult sounds I think.
I am going to keep the doctors appointment just in case.
I LOVE this little Man.
3 comments:
haha, my Dad didn't say his first words until he was 3 and they started coming out in full sentences. Apparently a tonsillectomy is all it took...
cutest picture of Sam. And I also love when he says, "Mo" in his deep husky voice...
Oh that is adorable. I hope that he is healthy.
Post a Comment