We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Big sister

Yesterday I felt like the whole day I was working on a nervous breakdown. Screaming kids, messy house that never seems to get any cleaner, everything in general was a little overwhelming. I really wanted to get the bonus room cleaned up so I went out on a limb. Abigail wanted held, she wasn't hungry but she wouldn't stop crying unless she was in someones arms. So I had Elizabeth sit in the rocker, turned on the tv and gave her the bundled baby to hold. She wrapped her arms around her and sat there and rocked her. And finally I could get something done and Abigail was happy. Whenever Abby started to fuss Lizzy would pat her back and tell her "It's okay Abigail, it's okay, I've got you" and Abby would settle right back down. Abby fell asleep right there in her sisters arms, and Elizabeth was happy to get to hold her like that. I don't think I could do this if I wasn't in the same room at all times, but it worked quite well for this case.

2 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Sweet, sweet moments. I love how these little moms are being formed.

Anonymous said...

That might be the sweetest story ever. What a great big sister :) I love how they mimic "mommy language"