We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Baking Fail and Bugs

Today I made Banana Bread. I like me some good Banana Bread.

Problem #1 - I got distracted. I am babysitting and forgot about it. Yes I set the timer. It went off and they weren't done so I left them in. Now I have 2 lightly dark loafs. I can deal with it.

Problem #2 - I got to excited to take it out of the pan and half the loaf came out and half stayed in. sadness. So I guess now you can say I have 3 slightly dark loafs.


Yesterday I was helping Trevor finish the stairs on the deck. He asked me to go underneath the deck to tighten down the bolts. To me. under the deck is where bugs hide out. But in my own head I said "get over it. It has been to cold and there aren't any bugs yet." So I did it. Today I watch a spider make a web on my upstairs window. *cringe* ugh bugs

I hate bugs. especially spiders. It is something about the way they move. I have been known to trap them under glasses, with a book on top, and then leave the house and wait for someone else to dispatch of it. If leaving isn't an option I use the vacuum.

I have a deal with bugs and rodents. If I don't see or know about them they can live. If they let their presence be known to me they must die. About a month before we moved into our house I started putting poison out for mice. I have at least 6 traps in my garage at all times I don't do the poison anymore because of the kids. But let me tell you. We killed at least 20+ mice in our garage. (No I didn't touch a single trap).


Anyways on a brighter note. Abbi is crawling. woot. I use to wake up feed her and then set her on the floor with her toys and sleep on the couch. Guess that is done. Let the barricading begin.

3 comments:

Tim said...

hooray Abbi!...Wah wah wah for you!

Ashley said...

Yay for Abbi! That's so fun. I love crawling.
And I'm with you on the bugs! So gross. When we were living in Dallas, I opened the cereal cupboard only to find a cockroach crawling around... I screamed, slammed the cupboard, and ran to my sister-in-law's apartment to wait until Chris got home so that he could deal with it.

Anonymous said...

Haha yes I remember this bug hatred from when we were roommies. I agree with the kill upon sight reasoning. xoxo