We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Gratitude

I m grateful for my children...even when they are crying.  Because then they come to find me and I can love them and make it better.

I actually have really amazing children.  I like them more every day. 

My Elizabeth and her self assurance.  She is never afraid of people or situations.  She has the confidence I wish I could have.  Everyone is her best friend.  She is generally willing to share and play with er brother and sister.  She has really gotten into "relationships"  and figuring out how every one is related.  Instead of saying "Can we call Grandma"  It is "Can we call your mom".  She rode back from Golden with my parents and Matt last weekend.  This week she told me " Your Uncle Matt gave me smarties"  I then said that Matt was my brother and HER Uncle.  So then she said " Your brother Matt gave me smarties"  I wonder how it will all work out when she realizes that at church we call everyone brother and sister?

She is so imaginative... everything is a castle or a cave or a boat or a horse.  And her and Sam are always on an adventure.





Samuel is my lover.  He is so sweet and wonderful.  He gives me kisses.  He loves playing.  With his sisters, his dad, his mom, by himself.  This kid is on the move.  He is so easy going about things.  He is so proud of the things he is learning, and I am so proud of him.  I always fear he will suffer as the middle child with two demanding sisters.  But he loves his role.  He loves Reading stories.  Either by himself or having me read them to him.  He also loves to "read" them to me.  I love his sweet little smile and his full bellied laugh.  I love his love.  He is my little man. And I bet you wouldn't expect that this kid can eat 6 donuts in a sitting, and then will return for the rest later when you aren't looking.  We are talking full sized donuts people not even the little timbits. 

Abigail has spunk.  Seriously watching her is awesome.  Sam was always muscular and could climb anything.  She has the desire but not he sheer strength, that doesn't stop her though.  She will get help or move something.  She walks like she is on a mission.  and she usually is.  She runs from me when I try to get her dressed/put on her coat/shoes/comb her hair.  The only thing she will never run from is a bath.  She loves the tub.  She is a little high maintenance.  She needs her one on one time, and I love to give it to her.  She loves you to kiss her head and chase her down. But she doesn't kiss you back she will offer you her cheek.  You have to work for her smiles but they are worth it.  She like to be in charge and expects what she wants when she wants it.  She is starting to talk.  She will stand in front of the fridge and ask for "miw" (milk) or in front f her highchair and say "eee" (eat).  This girl is very motivated by food, all the time.  She LOVES baby dolls and usually is toting around two of them, well unless she has her sippy cup or treats. 

 


My kids are awesome.  I can't wait for them to get bigger so we can play more and get to know each other better.  I really hope that their relationships together stay strong.  My brothers and I love to be together, and I hope that my kids can have that too one day.

4 comments:

Donna said...

I think they are pretty awesome too...

Megan said...

Oh, your kiddies are so cute! And I believe you about the donuts...actually, I bet any of your children could down a whole box :)

I love your pictures, too! where/when did you get these done?

Ashley Smith said...

They are my Mom's family photos from last year. They were done by Brad Heninger

Anonymous said...

I love the photos!!! and your kids are awesome!