We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Walmart incident

Sams passport needed renewed last week. As a gift Walmart gives you a free 8x10 portrait for buying a passport photo from them.

So we went back this morning to get our picture taken. My kids were cute the pictures were great and the ladies in the portrait studio are awesome.

It takes a few minutes for them to load the pictures in the computer so I headed out into the store to get some groceries because we are feeding the missionaries tonight.

I found everything I needed and headed up to the till. The kiddies and I waited in line for 10 minutes and then got up to the belt. I was unloading my cart. Wrangling my kids. Abbi was crying because she wanted a treat. Then it happened.

I didn't quite have a good enough hold and misjudged how high I had to lift it from the cart and I dropped the pickles on the ground ("I'm not a part of this system". Hah has anyone seen that on YouTube?).

So there I was standing in a lake of glass and pickle juice "Ohhhh shoot". Yes I said shoot. The lady behind me says. "Oh don't worry about it this sort of thing happens all the time.". I heart her.

Now at a normal store you tell the check what happens they call for back up no problem cleaned up bing bang boom. This checker ignores me. When I bring it up again he passes me the biggest roll of crappy Walmart paper towels in the world. You know the basically thin cardboard ones that absorb nothing, and then ignores me some more. So I start cleaning. I load my kids in the cart and I crouch there In the class and clean. I clean up most of the lake, then help myself to a bag to throw the towels in. The lady behind me asks "didn't he call someone?" I said no and she got on his case to call for someone. So then he shuts down the till and blocks me in with my cart full of kids, conveyor belt of groceries and my feet covered in glass (it's summer flip flop weather, not a whole lot of foot protection there). And wait and wait and wait for the cleaning guy to come. Feeling more and more overwhelmed and embarrassed by the second.

Enter the cleaning guy. So he wanders over in his 55 year old Walmart glory. Imam just about to apologize when he leans over to the check and "whispers" ... " we should yell her the clean up will be and extra $100". YES I COULD HEAR YOU...moron. They then proceeded to joke about me and laugh at me. That's when I lost it. I started BAWLING.

And bawling. I told them I was leaving and drug my cart out of there. Little bits of glass biting my toes (not bad but irritating). I showed up in the portrait studio a complete mess. Told them I was going home, halfway across the parking lot I changed my mind and went back for my picture. I really did want it.

Then the checker guy came looking for me to make me pay for my groceries. I told him no and he went back into the store throwing his hands in the air.

I went a redid all my grocery shopping at Safeway. Which I like more than Walmart anyways. They were awesome like always. And it cost me less with my Safeway card and I got 50 airmiles and a 5 cents off a litre gas coupon.

Walmart sucks. Let's be honest. I will go back but not for awhile.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

That's horrible! I would have bawled too. What jerks!

Anonymous said...

Walmart sucks anyways what rude people!!!! That's so mean. I hope the picture turned out well :)

Alauna said...

You are much nicer then me! I would have threw a huge fit yelling angrily at the checker and the clean up guy and then proceeded to yell at the manager about the horrible expierence and make a huge scene and demand for an apology. I'm kinda a jerk like that. SERIOUSLY, what has happened to customer service these days. Lame!