We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thankful before Thanksgiving

Yesterday was the worst day ever. I think postpartum is an UGLY trick after 9 months of pregnancy. That's all I am going to say about that.

I am Thankful for a husband who will listen to me cry on the phone and console me. I am Thankful for a husband who will send me flowers all the way from Toronto because he can't be here with me. (I am also thankful for his helpers who delivered them)

I am Thankful for a grandmother who will put my kids to bed and read them stories while I bawl about the flowers and call Trev to say thank you

I am Thankful for an amazing mother who has been helping me non stop for over a month, and took my kids for the morning so I can clean my house and feel good again.

I am Thankful for my cousin who gives me someone to talk to during the day

I am Thankful for the little baby who is napping on the floor while I clean.

I am Thankful for my other kids who make me laugh and smother me with love.

I am Thankful for brothers who make me mixed cd's, give me hugs, watch my kids, hang out with me, talk with me and are my best friends and for a father who has always been there for me and takes care of me.

I am so quick to forget all the people who bless my life.

3 comments:

Donna said...

YOU are the one who is truly amazing. I am thankful to be your mother. Sometimes our blessings are a little overwhelming, but they are still so wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!! You're such a great mom Ash no idea how you do all that you do ;)

Ashley Dawn said...

When life is so abundantly full of wonderful things, it's still easy to be buried in it. It's great to stand back and be able to see it eventually (especially when the hormones are gone). Good luck with postpartum. It really is a nasty trick. Hope you have a better day/week/month soon.