Background: We are having our baby blessing this weekend. I am stressed about having that many potential flu carriers in my house. I just found out that one family I invited has H1N1. They haven't called to say they aren't coming.
Question: Is it rude of me to uninvite them. I am worried about stepping on toes. They have been family friends since I was 1.
Rant: Why if you or someone in your household had H1N1 would you plan on attending a BABY BLESSING. I am kind of irritated that they would plan on coming over when they have sickness in their house. I have little kids. This is why we have the pandemic.
STAY HOME WHEN YOU ARE SICK.
Would you uninvite them or let them come.
9 comments:
I would totally uninvite and you know I would! Tell them they are still welcome to attend the blessing but that they cannot stay in your home... that's just good common sense sister.
They may be too sick to even think of calling you to say they aren't coming. Maybe call and ask them how they're doing and if they think they will be un-contagious and able to come to the baby blessing.
i would simply say somthing like " well i totally understand if you dont come because there are going to be many babies there and i know me and their mothers would hate it if we got sick as well" because lets face it, i really cant afford for hannah to get it with her potentail health problems she already has weak lungs
Maybe share your concern with them and see what they say to it. It is a tough call especially if you have been friends for so long, but I think they would understand.
If you really think they would be offended if you asked them not to come, I would make them wear a mask while at your house and wash their hands as they come in. I'd rather be rude to someone then have your little ones risk their life though, so I would ask them to leave the sick ones at home honestly - if they love you they will understand...and you could always let them watch from another room over the web cam haha!
I would call them and just state your worries. Don't say, "please don't come" just say, "I'm trying to estimate how many people are coming, I would assume you aren't because of the flu, but I just wanted to make sure. I would guess that they might have just not remembered to call and say they aren't coming. I don't think anyone with the flu would go out of their house unless it was on fire. It's not fun. If they've known you for a long time, they'll know not to be offended by you being up front with them...
Hard one....I would just tell them straight what your worries are because the health of your children should always be your number one priority. I hate hate hate when people come to events sick and then tell me after. Sterling got the seasonal flu last week after someone pulled that trick on me.
I would definitely try to find a tactful way to un-invite them. Maybe just say that you had heart that they have H1N1 and you're so sorry that they won't be able to come now and you'll have to have them over for dinner sometime when everyone's well to make up for it? I don't know...but I know I wouldn't want them around my baby!
Ummm......UNINVITE. Cuz I don't want to get it either. Yuck.
Post a Comment