We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Monday, December 14, 2009

The Plan

was to go up to Canmore and spend the night at Silver Creek Lodge, and then go shopping in Banff on Saturday. Lizzy and Sam went to my Moms and we only had Abbi. Of course though I made the foolish choice to shovel my driveway. Whenever I shovel the driveway, it snows again that same day. So with havoc stricken roads we scrapped the plan and stayed home. We went to go eat at Joey's Tomatoes, one of my favorites. But they scrapped my favorite dish (evil jungle noodle salad) from the menu (boo should have gone to Bills). It was fun to go out anyways though. we wandered around Chinook mall and hit up the Chapters bookstore there. Where I got the book "Catching Fire" by Suzanne Collins. I read the first book, "Hunger Games" about a year ago and loved it. (Did you know they do book trailers???) I reread Hunger games though so I would remember it all. I am starting Catching Fire today WOO HOO. Anyways on Saturday we went shopping sans kids anyways just in Calgary. Didn't buy anything but almost talked our selves into buying a new bed (I want I want). That was our anniversary plans.

I was going to have a post with pictures but everything got turned upside down and a picture of my freezing my butt off at the mall just didn't seem as good.

Here is a question. Trevor and I have been debating weather we should buy each other gifts for Christmas or buy a garage door opener? What would you do. -the joy and fun of buying gifts for each other and to open on Christmas or a garage door opener which I would appreciate every day.

Second question. In the past we have had agreements on how much to spend and he ALWAYS breaks it. If we decide to get the opener should I get him something anyways?

This is my favorite sound. I love her little coo.

My favorite is when she wakes up doing this instead of crying. And yes she is sucking her thumb. I am trying to stop it but it is just pointing out how little control I seem to have.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Abby is so cute! I just love those cute little sounds babies make.

As for the gift giving... Every year, Chris and I say we're not going to get gifts for each other, but every year we do anyway. So to be completely honest, I would buy the garage door opener and get him a gift. But that's just me :)

Katie said...

I say that if there's a no gifts rule, stick to it.

I love little baby sounds. Holly's really loving the sound of her voice these days!

Chelsea said...

We never buy each other gifts because we always end up buying something really nice during the year and say merry christmas then, lol. I don't think I could live with out my garage door opener, so I would pick that!

Amy said...

I LOVE HUNGER GAMES!! I just finished reading it on Sunday and now that I am sick and still trying to rule out swine flu I am diving right the second book. Did you know that they just sold the movie rights to Hunger Games? They are looking at casting Johnny Depp Haymitch. Can you picture it?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm with how much it snows there I vote garage door opener and then do something little for him as well. Maybe something crafty/heartfelt.

Cute video!! She's already growing it's crazy.