Maybe if I hadn't of married someone who is more stubborn than I am. Maybe if there wasn't redheadedness involved. Or maybe if my mother didn't curse me with the "one day I hope you have a child JUST LIKE YOU" curse (the only parental curse that ALWAYS comes true) it would be easier.
Stubbornness it seems to be one of the genetic traits Trevor and I passed onto our kids.
Don't get me wrong most of the time I think it is REALLY funny. (trying not to laugh as they throw their tantrum). But sometimes it breaks my heart.
Like right now as I type. Sam is crying. All he wants is his balloon which I have hidden in the sink. All I want is for him to take one lousy bite of his dinner. He is crying, I am ignoring. He knows what he has to do to get his balloon. I know that the one bite really doesn't matter in the long run. But I refuse to be out lasted by my two year old.
I mean, Lizzy is just as stubborn as Sam, but she plays the game (should I be afraid of this). She took her one bite and her balloon. will she take more. no probably not. but she did what was required.
maybe I can get him to take a bite if I take a bite. I'll go try that.
3 comments:
YOU MUST OUT LAST!!!
Getting them to eat their food is tricky. Adding the stubbornness only makes it that much more terrible I can imagine! Good luck!!
Ashley, I've just been reading your blog for the past 15 minutes and you are so funny! I love how real you are and how you just take one day at a time and hope to survive the next. You're a awesome mom and you have the cutest kids!
Post a Comment