So the next Monday we did find out why the bank had taken our money. I was so MAD.
They had linked my bank account to someone elses (eh?)
How did they do that? I don't know.
Why did they do that? I really don't know.
Anyways the good news is that I happened to know the person who got my money (what are the odds), the bad news the bank thought it was okay to take the money from my account and put into their account because it was overdrawn.
After a lot of yelling ( I had been doing so good but this was ridiculous, the lady wouldn't listen to me that this was WRONG and I was pretty sure it was ILLEGAL too. )
and threatening to call my lawyer (I love my Daddy)
and a visit with the other person (who was even more confused by it than I was, and was very suprised when they got the money).
The bank transferred the money back. They never apologized, they never called to say that they had done it, I found out it was back by checking my online banking. I think something is wrong with this. Honestly, when you steal someones money and give it to someone else shouldn't you call and say "I'm sorry we are idiots, we gave it back." Well it is all better and as soon as I get my tax return I am going to take the many hours it will take to switch my cctb and my uccb and my tax return deposits into my good bank account.
The EvIL bank CIBC
(although my mom has been with them for at least 20 years and has NEVER had a problem with them. I guess I am just special)
2 comments:
Don't you love being the exception instead of the rule?? I'm glad all was resolved, but I'm sad that you had to go through all of this. That just stinks. I love having a lawyer to refer to frequently. I'm going to have a Daddy and Husband lawyer to get onto things. Gotta love it!!
Oh, and if you erase me off of your blog list and then put me on again, it will make it so you can see my updates. I've switched from a private to a public blog, so it should be good....
Post a Comment