We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Monday, July 20, 2009

hmmm

So I saw my Dr. today.

The hospital I am at (and took me months to get in at) is a low risk hospital. If I choose a vbac I would have to go back to the city hospital instead (boo). All well and fine though in the long run, does it really matter.

Anyways after talking to him and doing some reading I am a little afraid of the decision. I would really rather try the VBAC. I think it would be better for my kids and easier on me. However the risks are so great. I only have 20 months between my first 2 sections and there will only be 18 months between Sam and this one. Also add in my appendectomy I had last may. My risk is pretty high.

I am thinking of seeing if I can get in with my Dr. here in the city to see what she thinks about it and calling a LD nurse I know.

The thing I really needd to keep in mind either way is that the whole goal of this is to go home with a healthy baby and a healthy mom. In the end it doesn't matter how.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Hmm... this is a tough one. It sounds like you're really studying it out! either way, I'm sure things will work out and Abigail will be beautiful and healthy.

carly said...

my Sister Jenn just had her 5 c-section. and she is fine. It gets the baby here healthy and quick.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will make the right decision - I'm praying for a healthy baby and mommy for you my dear