We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

long post on short things


We aren't moving any more :)

It was one of those moments when I was perfectly happy and excitedly planning for the move. When Trev called me from Sarnia and said he had been having one of those feelings. One of those feelings like maybe we shouldn't go. It was like a wave. I am very happy to not have to worry about moving and to get to stay in and enjoy the house I love. Maybe when I actually get things put up around here (I get to hang pictures because I'm not moving) I will post pictures of the house.

On more happy news, because we aren't moving there are 6 men in my house right now. The Chaparral and Cranston ward missionaries,
a good friend who wandered over and Trevor. My basement is getting drywalled. Hooray!! then I can get all of this
out of my garage and into the basement so I can park in there all winter.

Sad news i didn't get my pictures done. It snowed the two weekends I was going to go, (causing me to resent the decent weather that we are having now) but on the bright side, I will still be here next spring and can get them done then!

Fingers crossed that a location with state farm will open up in Alberta soon so we can keep moving forward. but for now I am glad to be standing still.
What happens when your middle child decides he wants your oldest child's chair, and your older child won't move?
I love these two they keep me going every day.
Sam is the funniest kid!
My Dad was given one of those "edible arrangements". It was so good. There were chocolate strawberries in it, Sam was on cloud 9.
Look at those yucky sticky fingers.
Abigail had her 6 week checkup this week. She is 10.3 lbs (just over the 50th percentile) and 59 cm (in the 95th percentile). She is growing and growing. Except for a grouchy period each night after the kids go to sleep she is still my angel baby.
I didn't broadcast this to loudly before. But since Abby was born Trevor has been gone, A LOT. He would go to Toronto for 2 weeks and then come home for a weekend, then back to Toronto. We are so glad that he is around again.

9 comments:

carly said...

YEAH! that is great news you are not moving!!! Your mom must be SO happy! I am too... Jesse really liked Trevor (and who knows maybe we will live there some day too- I hope so!)

Ashley said...

I'm so glad you're staying! I hope something opens up for Trevor too. Your kids are cuter than ever! Especially that Abigail. What a sweetheart.

Donna said...

I LOVE the picture of the two kids on the chair...especially Elizabeth's half smile in the second one. Kind of like she's saying, "He's crazy but I put up with him..." And I love the one of Abigail in the blue shirt. I am happy to have you stay, and put up pictures, and plan a flower garden next Spring!

A. said...

Um...I think Sam is wearing those runners in that picture BECAUSE HIS WINTER BOOTS ARE AT MY HOUSE! Sorry, I'm a crappy cuz...I"ve had 'em since Thanksgiving. How about an ice cream date and a boot return?

Ysy for not moving...and so much for the shift of power....BOOYAH!

Katie said...

Oh man, that's a relief! Moving cross country is hard and I bet even harder with 3 kids! Abigail weighs almost as much as Holly. Holly weighed 10.2 lbs 2 weeks ago at twice Abigail's age! Way to grow 'em!

Alauna said...

Yay, no moving! I have learned it is a very painful expierence when you have lots of crap. Such cute midgets you have!

Ashley Dawn said...

Sounds like someone else has big babies too! Congrats! Love the posts of randomness.... Sorry you had to deal sans husband for so long. That's gotta be incredibly hard. Glad you're sticking around!

Cammi Olson Bates said...

So glad you get to stay there and be content. I hope we can some see you guys soon, but we won't be able to bring our little man along. Unfortunately.

The last pic with Trevor and Abby is PRECIOUS.
Josh said that he and trevor use to look a lot alike. I can see it in this picture.

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS chair picture. Frame-worthy if you ask me. :) I think me and my brother have similar photos taken. Very glad Trev is home more now and you get your house... YAY