Here is my conflict as of late.
A member of the relief society presidentcy has asked me to plan a play group for the young kids in the ward. I tried to say no but the guilt got to me and I agreed (groan). There was a sisiter in Sundance Ward who was asked to do it and I felt so bad for her and was VERY grateful that it wasn't me. Here are my problems.
-I wasn't planning on going to the play group anyways, I don't like being around and talking to people I don't know. It takes a lot out of me and stresses me out.
-I don't have a car to even get to the activities that I plan, so I would have to find a ride from one of these strangers, remember to get the car seats out of my car that morning, put them in there car load up and go and then undo it all later. It really isn't all that hard, but I have to do it for visiting teaching and I feel like such a dork.
-I can't seem to force myself to even call the women to talk to them about it.
Now it would be good for my kids to get out with other kids more often, but when we do go out it is to a cousins house.
I am feeling bad because I said I would do it, but...... yeh.
I don't know if I should just suck it up and suffer through or if I should call her back and tell her I just don't want to. (Both ideas kill me) .
What would you do?
4 comments:
That is a tough one. If it was me, I would just do it mostly because I would feel terrible saying no. It sounds like it would be way hard for you, especially without a vehicle. But some things are put in front of us to make us grow. Good luck with your decision! Sorry I wasn't much help... I wouldn't know what to do if I was in your shoes either...
Okay. Life's too short to do things you don't want to do. Call her back and tell her you just can't. Your reasons are justified and you will feel a HUGE weight off your shoulders immediatly. Learn to say no early on and it gets easier. If you just don't want to, just DON'T. Cry when you call her for the sympathy factor. ;)
Hope you don't mind me blog-hopping onto here from Becca's but I organize Midnapore Moms n' Tots. Why don't Sundance & Midnapore co-play! We even have started moms "of" tots nights out!
email me if you'd like to talk more about it!
sarahbenson@shaw.ca
They just started doing a play group in our relief society too, and I'm just like you - HATE going and trying to be social with a bunch of people I don't know, and you know how relief society is - so clicky, so it's hard to make new friends anyways. How they do it in our ward is that once a month they just meet at the church and do it in the gym. They announce it in relief society so you don't have to call people separately and people bring their own toys and treats to share so no one person has to feel responsible for people being entertained. If you have to be more involved, get some young women to help you call people and they can mark it off as personal progress!! I would also tell the woman who put you in charge about needing transportation, and she might change her mind anyways, or offer you a ride with her. Then you have a permanent buddy!
Post a Comment