We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Friday, July 17, 2009

The buzz

Sam had his first buzz cut. The after pictures are a little blurry so I will take some and post them tomorrow.




He looks so cute and grown up, I LOVE it.


The BIG buzz though is all about this.


And this... (the child free trip picture from my photo update earlier this week)


For our trip we went to Sarnia, it is like Narnia but Sarnia. (Trevor slipped up and called Narnia a few times while we were there.) Trevor interviewed with State Farm in June to take over an agency out there when another man retires. They liked him so much that they flew the two of us out there for a few days to see the city and do an in person interview.

Sarnia is in the very southern part of Ontario. It is a border city on the very southern tip of Lake Huron where it feeds into the St. Clair river. It is about the size of Lethbridge.

He nailed the interview and every thing was put into motion. Up until now we have been waiting on banking and for them to process everything officially. As it stands Trevor should start into the training program the week after the baby is born (I was hoping for August) and he should start out in Ontario in January/February. I am free to move out there whenever I feel like it. It will be a matter of how badly I miss Trev in our long spurts while he is gone and how much I don't want to move again. My plan is to stay in Calgary until Trev is in Sarnia full time. I figure if I have to spend time alone I might as well be around my family but I would see him more if I moved out there.

While we were out there we met the Bishop and a bunch of people from the ward and toured around. We really like it. It would be different than anywhere we have lived before but it has a really family oriented feeling about it, and we think we could do well out there.

The St. Clair River and Lake Huron


The bridge to Michigan



There it is the new adventure.

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

Wait a minute. I'm confused. Didn't you just build a house somewhere?

Ashley said...

Holy smokes! This is big stuff! So crazy. I can't believe you guys are moving out there. Now we definitely need to plan a get-together in the very near future! And your idea of meeting up at the Thompson's is fabulous. Now to find a time when they are around. I have a vehicle all the time so it's completely up to you when you want to go. Just a thought...

Sam's haircut is so cute! Love it!

Megan said...

Exciting! It looks beautiful there.

Alauna said...

Sad Cloud for all of us in Calgary!

d d p h o t o g r a p h y said...

Sarnia! wow that is pretty close to where im from and where I grew up! Its in my stake as well :) ( I know some great families in the ward there too!)Sarnia is a nice place to live, and definitely different then Southern Alberta..but every place has its good and bad right? It will be an adventure for sure! Good luck with everything, hopefully we will be getting together in the near future!

Amy said...

Wow! That is a huge move! How exciting! I can't wait to hear all about it. I hope we'll find a Christmas or some other holiday to be in Calgary at the same time because I would love to see you guys again some day :)

Anonymous said...

It looks really pretty :) And you would be closer to NYC - just going to throw that one out there hehe

But I can totally see how being with family would be WAY easier if you will be alone a lot at first...