We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Opinions.

This is my disclaimer. I will make up my own mind.

Now here is the question on which I would like some input. VBAC. I have been thinking a lot about it recently. Not because I have a problem with C-sections. My first one was great my second one was fine.

Here are the reasons I am thinking of changing my mind though.

Recovery - It is a much faster recovery the natural way. I will have 3 kids and I am a little panicked about how I will take care of them all especially when Trevor will be gone so much. My Mom is 4 minutes away but still, can I really put that much on her (AGAIN) that for 2-3 weeks she has to take care of all 4 of us.

Moving - This is all related to recovery I guess, but if I feel better and can get back on my feet quicker then moving cross country will be that much easier. Really not a big thing because I will have months before I move but it is all kind of connected.

The drugs - the morphine messes me up.

Reasons to stick with the plan and do the C-Section.

I know what I am in for- I am not a person who likes change. I like to have things the same. I don't like change. I know what my day will be like I know what to expect.

I know when and where and how long - there is somthing about knowing the day, the time, and that it will take 15 minutes.

The fear - The worst part of the c-section for me is the needles (epidural and IV) so I know that that is the worst part. the worst fear of the day, the worst pain, I know that it is it. I am a WIMP. I don't think my body can deal with ... yeh ... that. I am afraid of how much it will hirt and how scary it all is, and I am afraid to have to go through all that and that there is still a chance I could end up on the operating table and have the C-section anyways. why not just skip the middle and go to the end.

Anyways there it all is. I am going to see if I can get in with my Dr. this week to talk about it. And I hate to say it but even if you all thing I should attempt the VBAC I quite possibly will just do the c-section anyways. I just really wanted to know what you all think.

And if there is anyone out there who has done it... opinions please

5 comments:

Alauna said...

Honestly struggling with that one myself. Sterling couldn't move his legs so he couldn't turn himself around and I had a planned c-section. I am also scared of unknown and everyone keeps telling me just to try VBAC and I just don't know. Sorry, I am no help but just lending moral support in the whole mess of things. Tell me how it all works out and GOOD LUCK!

Ashley said...

I've only ever done it the natural way but I've never had any complications so it's hard for me to say. I have a friend who has done VBAC and she said it was awful. But that's just one persons experience. I guess you never know until you try! Good luck with your decision! Sorry I'm not much help.

Chelsea said...

hmmm I say C-section because after attempting an epidural free birth for several hours and then suffering through 27 hours of labor just to wind up on the operating table anyways made me that much more tired and the recovery that much harder. Next time I'm going straight for the C-section (although I got really sick from all that medicine as well) I just feel like why go through all that pain when your chances are alot greater they will have to do a c section anyways.

John, Jess, Ellie, Cade, Eden & Scarlett said...

I am totally for natural--well, I mean natural with an epidural! I've never had a c-section though so I can't compare. My sister has had one c-section (her first) and two VBACs and she said the second two were soooo much better and easier recovery. My recoveries have always gone really well too. I would see what your doctor says though, I know the more c-sections you've had and the closer your pregnancies are together all play a factor, so he probably has the best advice. The unknown is scary though, I can relate to that feeling.

Christina said...

Go for the c-section. If you don't like change, then you know what you are in for. Why go through labour if you don't have too! Sadie was VBAC, and it was fine, but even then the drs said there is still a risk of rupture and they don't know until you in the process of delivery.